How to make Choux pastry recipe and guide.
Pre heat the oven:
Fan assisted 210/220°C
Regular Oven 230°C – 240°C
250ml/ half pint water
125g/5oz plain flour
4 eggs lightly beaten
1. Place butter and water into a pan and bring to the boil.
2. Once boiling, take off the heat, pour the flour directly into the pan and stir together with a wooden spoon.
3. If the mixture has combined (looks a bit like scrambled egg), transfer to a jug and then whisk to assist the mix to cool quicker.
4. Set your whisk to high speed and start pouring the beaten eggs in a little at a time.
5. Continue this process until the mixture has combined and now looks like bread dough.
6. Transfer the mix to a piping bag and pipe eclair shapes or pipe buns or balls onto a greased tray.
7. Place in the pre heated oven for about 15 mins until crisp and golden.
8. Once baked remove them, make a slit in the side of each one to allow the steam to escape then place them back in the oven for a few minutes, this ensures the centres are cooked and not soggy. Once fully baked remove again.
9. Place on a wire rack to cool.
10. When cooled fill with double cream (that has been whisked to thicken) or fresh squirty cream and then drizzled with melted chocolate.
11. Serve Immediately.