Here is your recipe and guide on how to make chocolate macaroons.
Pre heat the oven to:
200°C Conventional Oven
180°C Fan Oven
Gas mark 4
75g/2.5 oz Plain Cooking Chocolate
125g / 4 oz ground almonds
125g / 4 oz caster sugar
¼ teaspoon of Almond essence
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 egg white
1) Weigh out the chocolate and then melt it in the microwave in 30 second bursts until melted.
2) Place all the remaining ingredients and the melted chocolate into a food processor.
3) Blend in the processor until the mixture binds together. (Add an additional half of an egg white in stages to the mix to assist with the blending process in the food processor).
4) Once combined, carefully remove the mix from the processor and roll into small round balls and place them onto the baking sheet on the baking tray.
5) Flatten them with a fork, brush over with water and dust with icing sugar before baking them in the oven for approx 10-12 mins.
6) Once baked transfer to a wire rack to cool.
7) These are best served straight away.