Here is your step by step guide to producing beautiful Victoria Cupcakes.
Preheat the oven to one of the following:
Fan assisted: 180°C
Regular Oven: 190-200°C
Gas Mark 4.
Muffin Tin, Muffin cases.
150g or 6oz Margarine or Butter
150gor 6oz Sugar (Granulated or Caster)
3 Medium Eggs,
150g or 6 oz of Self Raising Flour
1. Cream together the margarine & sugar in a mixing bowl using an electric whisk, do this until the butter and sugar appear a lighter pale colour.
2. Add 3 Medium Eggs (1 at a time). Beat in the eggs one at a time and blast with the whisk after each. You could also add a teaspoon of vanilla or any other flavouring here if you like. Ensure the eggs have combined with the mix, it look like it may curdle but this is fine as the ingredients is very wet.
3. Add the self raising flour to your mix and then whisk on full speed for about 30 seconds or until the ingredients have combined fully. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then whisk for another few seconds to combine the last bits.
4. Taste the mix with a small teaspoon to ensure the mix tastes ok, if it tastes a little powdery whisk a little longer and then taste again. (Do not place the spoon in your mix once tasted)
5. Now split the mixture into 12 muffin cases, I use an ice cream scoop to measure out even sized cupcakes.
6. Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 15-20 mins. (I usually do them for about 18 mins)
7. One baked test with a cocktail stick by placing it on the centre of the cake if it comes out clean the the cupcakes are baked thoroughly. Remove from oven once baked and place on a wire rack to cool fully.
Also see the Burger Cupcakes Tutorial for a decorated version.